New president of the GAA

Firstly congratulations to John Horan on becoming the new president of the GAA and best of luck to him in his role.

Now what’s his background? Has he any gra for the hurling or was he a football man or is he 50/50 split down the middle?

1 Like

He played junior in both codes for Na Fianna

At last, a Dub getting recognition on the national stage. Congrats to him.

He’s a good sort John and will do a good job … despite the fact that he might inherit an almighty mess!

Id know John fairly well.
More of a football man if anything. Managed Dublin minors about 12 years ago, knocked out in round 1 v Laois. Principle of St Vincents Secondary school in Glasnevin and looked after the football teams there too. Proud Na Fianna man.

Well our stint as President of the GAA comes to an end. A biased Dublin man who presented Sam to Stephen Cluxton each year of his term … throw in a League as well!

John Horan can have had no idea his final year would pan out the way it did. But I think it was the making of his presidency in many ways. Calm leadership when needed and always putting the members first. A good President methinks.

Well done John and thanks.

8 Likes

Didn’t get up to much in fairness …

Maybe it’s just me but too many old men get the job when it should be passed down to those who are good …

I think he did a good job, he always spoke well and calm as you say, his messages in the last year to members have always been clear with no bullshit or false hope.

I wish Larry all the best, a sound man who will be a good president and like John knows the game inside out from grassroots up to top level and will do the best for the association. Another good Raheny man :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Are you Larry O’Connor Mrs @Ohm_Flatley