NFL 2022, Div 1, Rd 1, Dublin vs Armagh, Sat Jan 29th, Croke Park, 7:30 pm

Anyone willing to take a wild wild guess at a starting team? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I will start , Cluxton in goal

9 Likes

Kevin o Driscoll worth a look

7 Likes

Has any broadcaster stepped forward to take the games that Eir should have had for this league?

Jack at 7, Mannion 13.

2 Likes

Think RTÉ have sat snd tg4 sun. Maybe GAA go might fill the Eir coverage

Will there be over 5k allowed do people feel ?

1 Like

There will be close to 40k I’d imagine at least

1 Like

Gerry Hargan full back.

big joe and vinnie 16 / 17

He’s declared for the Hurlers.

3 Likes

GAA are probably waiting to hear what MeHole Fartin says tomorrow re restrictions on crowd sizes being lifted

1 Like

think they’ll want to fill the rugger bugger stadium next week so they’ll have to open up croker aswell

2 Likes

Agree, only problem is the games are a week apart, as the 1st :ireland: game is 5 Feb, so need the restrictions lifted before end of Jan., the Dubs game is 29th Jan.

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

ok, I thought the rugger was on Saturday wk in landsdowne aswell

Id say we will see 3 or 4 fresh faces for this one. I’m going to give it a wild go, no logic behind any of this but if I do get it right you all owe me a pint

Evan
Mick Fitz
D Byrne
Gannon
Murchan
Small
McMahon
Fenton
O Cofaigh Byrne
Howard
Kilkenny
Scully
A Byrne
Costello
C Basquel

Extended rest for likes of Jamesy, Con, Deano and Johnny, Bugler, Ladd and Kennedy to get a run if available

How is Bugler’s injury anyone know?

Age waits for no man, so there will come a time when Jamesie and Deano lose their places. And knowing how Dessie keeps faith with the man in possession if he’s playing well, I don’t either James or Dean will want to be taking extra time off. In fact, this has already been a bigger break for most of our lads than they’ve had in years.

Unless someone’s carrying a knock I think we’ll have a full strength match day panel.

1 Like

I agree but I don’t see how you find 2 or 3 new players without giving them a go from the start in these type of games

Dessie may go for the win the AI approach last hurrah this year and ride off into the sunset

Two out of 3 years wouldn’t be a bad legacy

There is a hell of a rebuild job coming . But he could push it out 12-18 months perhaps

There is still enough in the tank … just for the older lads for one more push … maybe two at a stretch

However a few injuries and that goes up in smoke

It’s not an easy choice . Really depends how long he intends to stay