NFL Round 1: Dublin v Kildare Páirc an Chrócaigh - Saturday 28/01/2023 - 5pm

Well lads - the league is nearly here - going to be interesting to see who Dessie looks at through the league

I would say MacMahon, POCB, C.Basquel and Killian O’Gara will be given a couple games. Expect Ben Millst, Mark Lavin, Adam Waddick and Greg McEneaney to get a run during the league too.

Is Robert McDaid definitely gone for this year?

Division 2 first game, Croke Park v Kildare.
Whats the priorities for the league ?
Gain promotion at all costs ?
Blooding new players at the cost of staying in Div 2 ?
Players to look out for making a break tbrough ?
Your thoughts ?

We must get promotion, one year in D2 is fine, two or more will hurt.

Away to Derry and Cork will be as tough as most D1 games though.

2 Likes

All of the above .
Hard to believe it will be SIX MONTHS since Dublin last played in croke park .What other sport in the world puts it’s main means of revenue and promotion in cold storage for that long ?? Insanity.

10 Likes

If we don’t get up first time of asking major questions about winning AI this year I feel, should do It though ,even finishing second and trying out some new players.

Blooding new players for me is a must, if we get promoted using a good mix of old and new and get promoted, it wi be agood league. Looking at Mannion today he very rusty looking and not ready to be back playing intercounty just yet.

There will be some tough ones. If we want to get back up we can’t afford to over-experiment. Bit of a catch 22. I don’t buy the Cork revival stuff. They would want to improve 100% and that doesn’t happen overnight.

1 Like

The other 32-franchise NFL?

Fook you’re right !! Starts in Sept finishes in Jan .That’s mad as well and they’re professional.

All Ireland in Sept was ideal ,16 week break till league starts following year .Like every year no promotion of the league- and it’s start next week - on TV or radio , social media etc yet it’s the best ,most equal competition the GAA have .
Pressure will surely come on in not to distant future to combine championship with league to free up dates on the calendar ,can’t come soon enough.

Starting between the sticks, is Comerford likely to be fit?

@Tayto you might merge these. Your title is usually the type of one we use

1 Like

Almost 7 since the Dubs SF’s played anywhere in public.
And yes, it’s crazy.
Anyway it’s good to be looking forward to a match on Saturday
Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Ah, hadnt seen this one as only under Gaelic Football not County football

1 Like

What experienced players could do with getting up to speed? McCaffrey? Mannion?

League wll be v important for those two yea, O’Gara as well.

2 Likes

Good call they all showed glimpses of promise in O’Byrne cup - well, not Lavin but he seems to be going well in Sigerson. Breathnach too young still?

Lavin scored 0-3 against Wicklow. Think was on Sigerson duty for Offaly game. Might be early for Breathnach but no harm to bring off the bench. Need lads Paddy Small, Bugler and O’Dell to progress on as well.

1 Like

totally forgot that.

1 Like