NHL Round 1, Dublin v Kilkenny, Parnell Park, Saturday May 8th @ 3.30pm

What’s this, a match you say? Happy Days.

Given the year it has been very hard to bed in any new faces with only a couple of weeks of training done. Will be very interesting to see who has been added to the panel.

With Matty in year three of his term, he’s hardly going to go all out giving youth a fling, more likely to stick with the tried and tested but even so one or two candidates worth a run as subs maybe?

5 Likes

Can we go …

i don’t even know if we’re going to be able to watch on TV/Online TBH.

Impossible to predict how this game will go really but since it is Parnell Park I would give us a good chance of getting within 3 points at least. Rushe will likely have a stormer as he always does in Parnell. A lot of question marks around Kilkenny still and no Colin Fennelly wrecking ball this season as he has taken a break.

You think Rushe will play? Interesting! Big fan of Liam but he looked well off the pace when he came on last year.

1 Like

I think he will feature yes. Parnell suits him. We need ball winners and the sliotar to stick up front still and I think MK knows this so he still has a role. I wouldn’t bother using him in Croke Park anymore though, would agree doesn’t seem to have the pace for more expansive pitches anymore.

1 Like

Well, hopefully, he’s been able to work on his fitness over lockdown 2, A lean and fit Rushe could have a role to play alright.

You would imagine he is motivated to go all in this season, especially with the transfer to Na Fianna now too. Lots of motivation there.

This will be on eir with Tipp/ Limerick afterwards.

4 Likes

We need to find a settled team going forward. As much as I love Rushe we can’t be picking players that suit a certain venue imo.

1 Like

I would agree overall but we just aren’t at that level yet. Our panel isn’t that flush. Very few counties are at that level, even Galway last year were chopping and changing a good bit. Kilkenny and Cork also. Limerick and Tipperary are settled but not too many others at present.

Match live on Eir

1 Like

So many games to look forward to, very exciting. Curse Eir though and it’s feckin subscription.

Yet you don’t hear Duignan complain about that :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

!

_20210427_164226|690x490

2 Likes

Ah there are ways

You might be kind enough to share prior to the 8th?

2 Likes

Yeah with Modbro gone it reduces options. Get the finger out LJ, you’ve only a week and a half to go.

1 Like

2 Likes

Last year Sky Sports put all their championship matches on their freeview channel, Sky Sports Mix. :crossed_fingers: they do the same this year.

5 Likes