O'Byrne Cup 2017

The one that got away last year…

http://www.leinstergaa.ie/news/fixtures-released-for-2017-bord-na-móna-obyrne-cup.8327.html

Two home games v DCU & UCD as well as going down to Wexico to take on Banty & the Yellow Bellies

1 Like

Mullinahone, Mullinavat and Limavaddy, here we come baby !!!

[quote=“ProudDub, post:2, topic:1404”]
Limavaddy
[/quote]Where??? One D :grin:

Who the fcuk knows…that’s part of the fun of road trips. Who knows where we’ll end up ! :grinning:

Was there once … think it got its name from Leim an mhadra i.e. The dog jumped. Really! I’m going to lie down now.

“JJ Kavanagh & Sons has 97 years experience in operating an extensive range of public transport services in Ireland, getting you to your destination in comfort and style.”

“JJ Kavanagh & Sons runs 180 services a day, carrying 1.7 million passengers a year between Limerick, Waterford and Clonmel to Shannon and Dublin airport.” (Love the ‘Clonmel’ bit!)

http://getthere.ie/mullinavat-kilkenny/

http://www.ringalink.ie/#

Slieveardagh to Clonmel
Start Time
Arrive Time
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
08:45
10:30

Return From Clonmel to Slieveardagh
Start Time
Arrive Time
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
12:30
14:00

Areas Served Include:
Ballingarry, The Commons, Coalbrook, Drangan, Mullinahone, Cloneen, Kilusty

Mooncoin/Kilmacow to Waterford
Start Time
Arrive Time
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
10:00
11:30

10:30
12:00

10:15
11:30

Return From Waterford to Mooncoin/Kilmacow
Start Time
Arrive Time
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
14:00
15:30

14:15

16:30

Areas Served Include:
Fiddown, Mooncoin, Listrolin, Mullinavat, Kilmacow, Granny, Portnahully

That’s all well and good Al, but if the bus doesn’t make the obligatory 2am pit stop in Urlingford, then what use is it to anyone really?

I was coming back from Limerick the other day and there was a major diversion which brought everyone off the motorway then through Toomevara and not back on for maybe 10 miles til … Moneygall. The diversion takes the driver through the wonderful street of Moneygall. A little voice wonders has Ollie Hayes sabotaged the M7.

Most amazing though is the instant renaming of the service station - now the Donald J Trump Plaza …

It was not! I joked about that to Mrs AliveOh last weekend when she was on her way back from Ennis, she replied “just leaving Trumpygall”, I presumed it was a riposte. Shirley they haven’t changed it? Obama Plaza is what it is because one of the 6th or 7th people removed from the bould Barrack was from around there. Allegedly.

Only ever been there once, on a trip home from Kerry. T’was about 2 hours after a big Tipp/Cark game in Semple. I swear to God, the Fall of Saigon had nattin’ on it ! :scream: :scream: :scream:

It’s quite the experience

Alot of the coaches stop/pick up there and everyone parks up & has “lunch” for Thurles trips

We need to try new players . Vincent’s players won’t play. U21s maybe.

1 Sean Currie
2 Ross McGowan 3 Dave Byrne 4 Rob McDaid
5 Eric Lowndes 6 John Small 7 Graham Hannigan
8 Shane Carthy 9 Colm Murphy
10 Niall Scully 11 Cormac Costello 12 Gary Sweeney
13 Harry Dawson 14 Paddy Andrews 15 Conor McHugh
Subs
16 Dominic McDonnell 17 Tomas Brady 18 Darren Daly 19 Philip Ryan 20 Shane Boland 21 Niall Walsh 22 Mick Fitzsimons 23 Chris Guckian 24 Darren Gavin 25 Ciaran Reddin 26 Robbie Gaughan 27 Aran Waters 28 Eoin Fletcher 29 Tom Lahiff 30 Michael Deegan

More than a few of those will be college tied for the O’Byrne Cup. Most of them are not inter county standard. Brady, Daly and Fitzsimons are on the panel. why wouldn’t you play them? Some of the people you name I’ve never heard of!

As far as I know Dawson has been injured for a while.

Several of those listed above will be in Jamaica on the Dublin team holiday. We might be out of the O’Byrne Cup by the time they get back.

Paul Clarke to manage the team for the O’Byrne cup

Clever move by Jim. He knows if we don’t win the OBC this year his position is untenable so he potentially throws Clarkie under the OBC bus. Genius.

8 Likes

Clarkie works in the airport doesn’t he? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Dublin, Donegal, Kerry showing that the respective cups are extended training seasons.
Wonder what way Mayo are treating this.