On This Day

11 years ago. 16 years of hurt brought to an end

If someone said we’d add another 7 after this including 6 in a row I’d have been calling for the men in the white coats

10 Likes

One of the all time great days. Was so fortunate to be in Croker that day, a belter of a day.

3 Likes

The day of days !

3 Likes

16 years?

Typo :grimacing:

It’s a very beautiful day today for the All Ireland Final. Up early, as always on Final Day. While I a had a loaf baking in the oven, I cut the front grass. Bread baked and the grass cut by 9 o’clock.
Big solid breakfast. Out the door now for the bus to Drumcondra and a few pints before the big game. You’d never know who you’d meet out and about on Final Day. The biggest day in the Irish sporting calendar. Our day. The 3rd Sunday in September. And what a day for it?

4 Likes

McManamon dodging… McManamon scoring :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Nothing will ever surpass that occasion

6 Likes

Thought my memories of every single second of the day would stay with me 'till the day I died. But a lot of them are blurry now, as they have gotten mixed up with so many other great All Ireland final days. Not a bad complaint to have in fairness.

2 Likes

The day of the 5 in a row comes close

2 Likes

2 Likes

Okay ,it was 5 years ago yesterday,but still brilliant!!!

2 Likes

My favourite sporting moment ever. Our greatest win,.ending the 16 year wait the bottlers tag and all the other stuff. Them going on to be the greatest of all time :blue_heart:

3 Likes

True, it does but 2011 was to a certain extent unexpected as we didn’t travel with the knowledge of the great years that were to come.

1 Like

Yerra hearts were shattered 40 years ago today :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes