Other County Football Championships 2021

Well a few counties started (Sligo for example) got their 2021 championship underway this weekend. Others are still finishing up their 2020 ones but this is not to far away now. As always club football championships outside Dublin can be talked about here.

I see they were bating the heads off each other in Laois. Awful scenes really. Serious sanctions coming I’d imagine and rightly so.

I saw that video. The spectator, that appears to be the main protagonist in this, should be banned from setting foot in a GAA ground for life IMO. No place for it

1 Like

TG4 showing Mayo SFC match of Breaffy v The Neale on the weekend.

Some set up with the Mayo/Connacht Centre of excellence looking at it on the TV here

Westport won by a point.

Fionn Mc Donagh with the winner late on, it was the first time they lead the whole game.

Gas that RTE can fill these games with Mayo men co-commentating and analysing but can never find a Dub for our games. Instead we get Cora. Joke tbh.

2 Likes

I’ve got a sneaky Westport are going to take the Mayo title this year. They impressed in the group stages looking at results and have plenty of decent young former u-20 Mayo forwards along with Lee Keegan and Kevin Keane being the leaders in that team. Weird seeing Kevin Keane as a forward though.

Last min Peno to Ballintubber. Chance to level it

Edit: Saved

Knockmore win

Great save from the Knockmore keeper. On a sub too

Delighted to see young Elbows miss the penalty.

Knockmore the better side anyway and will be hard beat again.

What was the penalty given for? Diarmaid did a Cillian.

Knockmore lads came out off the line. Ref had warned them I think

1 Like

Is the Mayo C’ship still group stages?

Connell Dempsey, maybe a future Mayo midfielder.

Quarterfinals this weekend. Westport and Knockmore went through today.

Errigal Ciaran looking very good.

Won again today.

On the Twitter feed all you see is one of the Canavans scoring.

That Ruari looking some prospect. Another goal today.

Some ugly scenes at end of Kilcar v Naomh
Conaill in Donegal.

I believe there was an expectation something might happen at that game, do they have history?

From last year’s final.

Kilcar lodged an appeal against the result as Naomh
Conaill had used too many subs.

1 Like