Other County Hurling Championships 2021

I thought I already made this but apparently not.

Rapparees became Wexford champions for the first time in 43 years with a win over St Anne’s 6-18 - 1-17 in the Final. 5 different goal scorers with Lenny Connolly leading the way with 2-1, Alan Tobin, Ricky Fox, Oisin Pepper, and Jack Kelly notching green flags as well and inter-county man Kevin Foley scoring 0-3 from play.

Mount Leinster Rangers made it four titles in 5 years in Carlow deating St. Mullins 24 points to 16

The Nolan brothers (Jon 0-7 and Chris 0-5) accounting for half their total. Marty Kavanagh top scored for St. Mullins with 0-8 (0-4f)

Finally in Kerry, Kilmoyley defeated St. Brendan’s Ardfert 1-14 to 1-11 to capture their 26th crown in Kerry hurling and go back on top of the all-time leader board ahead of Ballyduff.

2 Likes

Shane Stapleton/Michael Verney/Our game do a good roundup (with several things thrown in): https://ourgame.ie/hurling-show-rapps-roar-gun-show-rangers-on-fire-cahill-rumour-mill/

No county finals last week but we have one tomorrow. The big on being in Waterford as Ballygunner are going for 8 in a row and 43 consecutive championship wins against surprise package Roanmore.

Ballygunner were pushed by Mount Sion just edging out Austin Glesson’s bunch 0-21 to 1-16 while Roanmore defeated Dungarvan in a low scoring clash 1-15 - 0-12

@Tayto and @Iomaint

8 in a row for Ballygunner then and they do it with ease winning by 20 points of Roanmore 2-27 - 0-13. Dessie Hutchinson top scored with 1-9 getting a goal in the opening minutes and long time inter county man Pauric Mahony got 0-9 (0-5f) with Cormac Power getting the other goal.

This win means Ballygunner are now just one county hurling championship away from match the all time record funnily enough held by 2 other Waterford club hurling teams Mount Sion and Erin’s Own. Gunners will now wait for 7/8 weeks to find out their opponent in Munster.

2 Likes

I salute you knowledge sir!