Other County Hurling Championships 2022

I thought I already made this but apparently not.

Rapparees became Wexford champions for the first time in 43 years with a win over St Anne’s 6-18 - 1-17 in the Final. 5 different goal scorers with Lenny Connolly leading the way with 2-1, Alan Tobin, Ricky Fox, Oisin Pepper, and Jack Kelly notching green flags as well and inter-county man Kevin Foley scoring 0-3 from play.

Mount Leinster Rangers made it four titles in 5 years in Carlow deating St. Mullins 24 points to 16

The Nolan brothers (Jon 0-7 and Chris 0-5) accounting for half their total. Marty Kavanagh top scored for St. Mullins with 0-8 (0-4f)

Finally in Kerry, Kilmoyley defeated St. Brendan’s Ardfert 1-14 to 1-11 to capture their 26th crown in Kerry hurling and go back on top of the all-time leader board ahead of Ballyduff.

2 Likes

Shane Stapleton/Michael Verney/Our game do a good roundup (with several things thrown in): https://ourgame.ie/hurling-show-rapps-roar-gun-show-rangers-on-fire-cahill-rumour-mill/

No county finals last week but we have one tomorrow. The big on being in Waterford as Ballygunner are going for 8 in a row and 43 consecutive championship wins against surprise package Roanmore.

Ballygunner were pushed by Mount Sion just edging out Austin Glesson’s bunch 0-21 to 1-16 while Roanmore defeated Dungarvan in a low scoring clash 1-15 - 0-12

@Tayto and @Iomaint

8 in a row for Ballygunner then and they do it with ease winning by 20 points of Roanmore 2-27 - 0-13. Dessie Hutchinson top scored with 1-9 getting a goal in the opening minutes and long time inter county man Pauric Mahony got 0-9 (0-5f) with Cormac Power getting the other goal.

This win means Ballygunner are now just one county hurling championship away from match the all time record funnily enough held by 2 other Waterford club hurling teams Mount Sion and Erin’s Own. Gunners will now wait for 7/8 weeks to find out their opponent in Munster.

2 Likes

I salute you knowledge sir!

@Tayto We have a thread for County hurling championships by the way. :sunglasses:

Limerick SHC

Kilmallock are Limerick hurling champions for the the 12th and for the first time time after defeating Patrickswell 1-24 - 0-19 on Sunday afternoon. Graeme Mulcahy was the star with 0-7 all from play (MOTM from TG4 as well) while O’Reilly got the all-important goal. O’Reilly also got 2-4 in the Kilmallock’s semifinal (you can see semifinal reports above) win over Doon so he’s a man in form heading into munster.

Slaughtneil made in 9 in a row on the weekend in Derry winning 1-24 - 0-19 over Kevin Lynch’s HC. Brian Cassidy got the lone goal ending with 1-3 from play.

Two weeks ago Dunloy made it three straight Antrim Senior Hurling titles. Dunloy by 15 on the day with Conal Cunning top scoring with 1-11 (0-8f). They are likely to be Slaughtneil’s biggest rivals for the Ulster crown.

2 Likes

Ballyhale likely to come through Kilkenny and will be hard bet in Leinster then unfortunately for a Dublin entrant. Some of the Munster teams might give them a rattle later on.

Congrats to Ferns St Aidan’s on winning their first ever Wexford Senior Hurling title today. :+1:

1 Like

Oulart-the-Ballagh won the IHC yesterday in Wexford. They were Leinster Club SHC winners not so long back. Another of the traditionally strong Wexford Hurling Clubs, Buffer’s Alley, are in the Intermediate ranks, too.

1 Like

Watching the Wexford final now and I have to say the standard is of a very high quality. Lots of hunting in packs and tight scoring too.

Can’t remember the last time I saw a Dublin final of this intensity and standard which doesn’t reflect well on us.

Was Davy with Bluffer’s Alley?

I don’t know… nothing on Wiki, but there is this:

1 Like

You missed last years county final? The highest scoring county final on record, in the country

1 Like

Don’t remind me …

3 Likes

:see_no_evil:

Ouch

You’ve escaped the matrix :eyes:

Very poor game on tg4. Tipp have more problems than just a manager judging by this.

I thought the Loughmore game was decent and a good standard but the Thurles Sars game was poor alright, Sars peaked many years ago with peak Paudie Maher and Lar Corbett but they will be back.

1 Like

Huge amount of aimless ball hit in 1st game I thought.
Didnt see much of 2nd but the 2 Mahers would be a huge loss to a county team never mind club.