Personal Favorite Dublin 1-15

I suppose as a natural progression from the best 15 you’ve ever seen , there’s an opportunity to post your own personal 1-15 favs, it doesn’t have to be based on Celtic crosses we all can love a player for what we felt in the stand , off the top of my head Kevin MAC who I noticed made no list of best 15 , but makes my favourite 15 , just throwing it out there , personally need to think but will post my own 1-15 in a day or two

1 Like

Cluxton

COS
Christie
Griffin

Ryan
McCarthy
McCaffrey

Whelan
Fenton

Flynn
Connoly
Cullen

Keaney
Con
A. Brogan

Cheating a bit with McCarthy CB but needed to get Ryan into the team.
Canal Keaney another that I wanted to squeeze in, just pips Kev Mac and Rock.

1 Like

Clucko

COS
Rory o
Mick Holden

Jack mc
Barr
Mccarthy

Fenton
Whelan

Flynn
Dermo
Berno

Con
Vinny Murphy
Alan Brogan

1 Like

Cluxton

Mick Kennedy
Jonny Cooper
Michael Fitzsimons

Jack McCaffrey
Keith Barr
Paul Curran

Brian Fenton
James McCarthy

Kieran Duff
Diarmuid Connolly
Charlie Redmond

Alan Brogan
Vinnie Murphy
Barney Rock

1 Like

I’m nearly there thought Vinny might get a mention :+1:

Cluxton

Henry
O’Carroll
Murchan

McCarthy
Brennan
Jack

Fenton
Ryan

Connolly
Kilkenny
Howard

B Brogan
Con
Mossy

Defitnley not the most talented 15 I could’ve picked, just the ones ive defintley looked yforward to seeing play the most

1 Like

You will be on mossys card list poor lad ever hardly gets a mention!

Used to love watching Ryano playing especially his partnership with Whealo.

1 Like

Cluxton

Philly
Christie
Robertson

Curran
Barr
McCaffrey

McCarthy
Whelan

Clarke
Dessie
Connolly

A.Brogan
Kilkenny
B.Brogan

Again not the best team. Had to put Keith Barr ahead of Fenton. Was big fan of 90s team so had to put in Dessie and Clarkey. Ian Robertson was always one of my favourite players couldn’t leave him out. He played every position for Dublin so put him in corner back. He made his senior championship debut for Dublin at 3 in 97 v Meath.

1 Like

Here goes similar to the best 15 you’ve seen Id a cast iron 10 / 11 doing this and the rest up for grabs, probably an unbalanced team on the face of it but without doubt 15 lads that I’ve loved watching
Cluxton

J Cooper
Gerry Hargan
Gay O Driscoll

Mick Deegan
Ger Brennan
Paul Curran

MDMC
Ciaran Whelan

C Duff
D Connolly
Tommy conroy

Kevin Mac
Bernard Brogan
Anton O Toole

Very tough to leave out Barney Deano Mullins and Guiden

Good one this, defo not the most talented team but full of characters and excitment

Cluxton

Paul Griffin
Rory O’Carroll
Murch

Jack Mc
COS
James McCarthy

Fento
Brian Stynes

Paul Flynn
Charlie Redmond
Dermo

Jayo
Con
Alan Brogan

1 Like

Cluxton
O’Sullivan
Christie
Griffin
P.Andrews
Cullen
McCaffrey
Fenton
McCarthy
Howard
Kilkenny
Connolly
Alan
Robbo
Con

1 Like

O’Leary
Dave Synott, Rory o’c, Philly
Noel McCaffrey, Barr, Heery
Bastic, Bealin
Redmond, Carr, Connolly
Bernard B, Vinny, Jayo

Kills me not to get O’Gara in. Paddy Moran too.

Strikes me how homogeneous the recent generation of footballers are compared to the teams of old, that were littered with personalities.

2 Likes

Paddy Moran was a great corner back. Was a fan of Ciaran Walsh too.

3 Likes

Was wondering if anyone would go for O Leary , was very tempted myself , I found it really hard to leave the likes of Vinny Murphy Jayo and Charlie Redmond out

Very surprised Kevin MAC has had so little representation as he’d hit the character button IMO more so than some of his contemporaries

1 Like

Stevo
Philly Mac, Rory o’c, Paul Griffin
James Mc, Keith Barr, Jack Mc
Fenton, Whelo
P Flynn, Connolly, K Mac
Bernard B, Vinny M, Jayo

Honourable mention to J O’Leary, J Cooper, B Stynes, M Deegan C Kilkenny and C O’Callaghan

I think my personal favourite team would be very similar to the best 15 team over on the other thread.

So to be a pain in the bollocks I’m going to name my favourite 15 Dublin footballers that I’ve seen from 15-1.

Ciaran Kilkenny
Ciaran Whelan
Mick Fitzsimons
Alan Brogan
Paul Flynn
Kevin McManamon
Paul Mannion
Brian Howard
Stephen Cluxton
Jack McCaffrey
Dean Rock
James McCarthy
Con O’Callaghan
Diarmuid Connolly
Brian Fenton

I tried numbering them but that didn’t work out so well so Fenton is 1 and Kilkenny 15.

1 Like

Trying to name a second 1-15 of favourite players is too head wrecking for me having gone thru the ‘best 15’ deliberations on the original thread.

That said I have expanded my small group of all time fave Dubs SF’s I’ve seen play by one player.
Welcome Mick to the Dermo hall of fame.

For the record my fave players 70’s thru today are now;
Diarmo, Tooler, Johnner, James and Mick MacAuley.

1 Like

I actually found it harder to pick favorite 1-15 As it felt more personal, where as best 15 had a defining criteria, now that said it still wasn’t easy , but my favorites not weighted down with Celtic crosses,
but lads I just really gravitated to yeah that was hard summed up by the fact I was a coin flip from choosing o Leary over clucko

1 Like

Cluxton; Cian O’Sullivan, Rory O’Carroll, Mick Fitzsimons; Curran, James McCarthy, Jack McCaffrey; Mullins, Fenton; Paul Flynn, Ciaran Kilkenny, Connolly; Anton O’Toole, Con, Bernard Brogan.

1 Like

Cluxton
Gay O’Driscoll Paddy Christie Philly McMahon
Paul Curran Keith Barr Jack
Jamesie Fenton
Anton Diarmo David Hickey
Alan B King Con Bobby Doyle

1 Like