Regrading 2017

Are the forms available yet?

When is the deadline?

Thanks.

If I played in the Senior B championship championship last year but did not play in the Senior championship proper do I need to regrade? Is the B championship counted for these purposes?

hard to say actually. UCD were able to give a walkover in the Senior B champo technically without being relegated from the Senior championship so there’s an argument to say they’re separate competitions

1 Like

In football you don’t need to re-grade if you didn’t play in the SFC proper if you grade was Intermediate. If your grade was senior but didn’t play in SFC proper you still need to re-grade but that application will be passed.

1 Like

You sure on that?
As far as I know the regrading only goes back 1 year, which means the 2 below contradict themselves…

What is the closing date for regrades?

It says the 21st of January on the form but the 23rd of January in the text of the e-mail so I would err on the side of caution and have any applications in by the 21st.

Any regrading decisions issued does anyone know?

Mid to late March the last 2 years

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this…

If a player was to sign for a new club abroad (New York/London/Australia/whatever) and then come home during the same season, is he eligible to transfer back to his original club in Ireland and play that season?

Cheers

Im pretty sure you can yes. I did it years ago from an Australian club and it was overnight job. Might have changed now though

1 Like

B championships are seen as shields therefore no regrade is needed