RIP Thread

Some great stuff from an Fear Rua over the years. Ar dheis Dé go raibh do Anam.

3 Likes

Any relation to Ian O’Riordan at The Irish Times?

His father I think.

Yep, his Da.

This article from the time AFR was shut down

and also this one (written by someone all of us hold dear to our, ahem, hearts - yis have been warned!)

remind us of the job done by the mods on here to keep the Reservoir Dubs show on the road.

R.I.P. Liam Cahill.

5 Likes

I think I found the goodbye to the hill article ( the magill one) that David Walsh wrote about the 77 team on the an fear rua website. I recall it as being an interesting forum.

Sorry to hear about the untimely passing of AFR.

Would love to find an article written by a Mayo lad who’s name I think was Cummins, from post -1985 All Ire Football Final, about his experiences on the Hill that day.
Maigh Eo of course won the Mínúir. I kept the piece in paper form but it has got buried in the archives in one of many bags and boxes dotted around the homes of family & friends. That’s if it didn’t get chucked by the Tidy-up Police at some stage.

Dennis Cahill, master fiddle player. Big loss. Huge part of the 90s revival, one of the first major diaspora successes in trad.

4 Likes

Saw him play with Martin Hayes as support to the waterboys at the Olympia years ago. Very good musician. Rip

3 Likes

Guitarist when I heard him play.
Irishman of Chicago.
Rest in peace.

https://youtu.be/DBzuYNK95sM

Great chune, great album.
Untimely as in young…I misread that he had passed away. Obvs not!

I just realised you probably mean the man not the website. I love Led Zeppelin

What the poor man had to go through RIP

6 Likes

Unimaginable.

Take my dog up to Catherine’s Park, a beautiful place ,where as dark a deed ever took place , RIP

Frank Williams who played the Reverend in Dad’s Army

Only Ian Lavender (Private Pike) left now

4 Likes

For some reason, I felt that they should be allowed to go on, forever! All of the certainties of our past, are slipping away.

3 Likes

Great series that, so cleverly subversive

RIP Ruairi

5 Likes