RIP Thread

yer man in the middle is a ringer for trigger

Would you reckon that’s why the guy put Emlyn Hughes, Johann Cruyff and Trigger above the picture?

3 Likes

most definitely, I only noticed the trigger comment after i posted :grin:

1 Like

Well spotted BB. I was sure it was Dave, til i read your post

Irene Cara

Only 63

2 Likes

Ah here

2 Likes

That’s sad. Very beautiful person too

Doddie Weir

What a ■■■■ of a disease

9 Likes

The worst. Same age as me. Really hits home when you think of it like that. No age really.

7 Likes

Younger than me …… it’s a horrible way to go & he fought it with such dignity over the years

RIP Doddie.

6 Likes

Me too. Taken way too young. RIP Doddie.

2 Likes

Rip Doddie seemed to be a genuinely good character

1 Like

Rip doddie. Had an aunt pass away from that fucker of a disease a few years back.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss Bosco.

May she RIP

4 Likes
1 Like

Very, very sad. He certainly fought the good fight against the disease and was a pioneer in raising awareness about it and instigating fundraising efforts into research to find a cure for it. These efforts, as I have pointed out recently elsewhere on this forum, have continued with Rugby League stalwart, Kevin Seinfeld undergoing several endurance runs in order to do so.

Anyone with an interest in rugby over the last 20 odd years can probably hear Bill McLaren’s voice mentioning Weir’s name in commentary.

10 Likes

A lad here, Juan Carlos Unzue, was luis enriques second coach in Barça, has it. It is incredible the bravery and fight he is showing trying to raise funds and awareness. Really don’t know where these people get the strength from.

1 Like

Mick Meagan. First Ireland manager who got to pick the team without selectors ( aka the interference of the blazers)

1 Like

I actually played against him in 1983 or 84, I’m guessing he was 50 but we were all saying after the game he was probably the best player on the pitch

2 Likes