St Patrick's Day 2021

Some great pics ahead of tomorrow

5 Likes

Nice collection of snaps. I hate Paddy’s day. Toolbox central.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Man after my own heart

Im predicting chaos tomorrow with the decent weather forecast thrown in

1 Like

Never really on my radar Patrick’s Day until I lived in Greece for two years , amazing the mindset change , since coming home made a conscious decision to enjoy it , without it being the typical into town drunken shit fest

3 Likes
1 Like

I worked all day, every Paddy’s day from 1986-2018 in the U.S. Nightmare stuff. I didnt work Paddy’s Day 1997 because I was sworn in as a U.S. citizen that day and I refused to work. After I was sworn in I went to an Italian bar in East Boston I used to frequent and had a feed of drink. It was the only Paddy’s Day I enjoyed in all my time in the U.S.

2 Likes

We got stuck in 2017 talking to (well he done all the talking) Trump supporter in a midtown bar for an hour while he ranted and raved…he kept buying us drink cause “we irish” so we just drank and nodded along pretending like we were agreeing and interested in what he was spouting.

His wife eventually dragged him away to get the train back to NJ.

1 Like

Usually I exit Ireland this week .

Not a fan of st Patrick’s day outside of the club finals. Generally a drunken unenjoyable mess with toerags roaming the cities looking for a row

With the club finals gone it’s even more diminished .

3 Likes

Some lovely ones from Balbriggan. Taken by https://www.instagram.com/droning.above/?hl=en.

2 Likes

Very good :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Waiting for ever on the bus as CIÉ decided in their wisdom to put in a Sunday service when 100,000 people were trying to get in and out of the city, many of them kids. Then to stand fucking frozen to see endless abell alarms floats going past, waiting for ever on the bus back again. Always looked forward to the day and always fucking hated it. Still in retro it was a day myself and the brother had out with the dá.

4 Likes

Sunset over Croagh Patrick yesterday evening.

20 Likes

Bollocks that’s Egypt I know a Pyramid when I see one , do anything to get visitors in Mayo

4 Likes

“Many British military units are linked to Ireland…”

Would you ever go and fcuk off ! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Best part of St Patrick’s Day has always been the club finals. No interest in it otherwise

3 Likes

yea should be looking forward to a good doubleheader now :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Tragic. The thoughts of seeing Ballymun Kickhams in the All Ireland Final is enough to warm the cockles.