The COVID-19 Updates

Sure it’s the foreigners bringing it in…

11 cases in Clare alone on one day last week and is it any wonder when you see stuff like this

Pity it’s behind a paywall, he’s a mathematician, not a virologist, so he obviously is crunching the data. Would be curious to hear what he has to say.

Not sure but Did he suggest the previous reduction of numbers was unrelated to lockdown? Like he said it burned out in China as if it happened naturally, rather then them locking down to a degree only an authoritarian state can, and what does he think of the USA with their 60-75,000 new cases a day?

I never said ‘foreigners were bringing it in’. I did suggest that as we have not locked down our borders, there will be more cases…and I am right. And I said we will have to cope…and we will.

And you know they’re from abroad how ?

One of my first ever jobs working on a stall in there in early 90s

It’s a gem of a place. It’s gone a bit upmarket but it’s a pity there’s not more like it in the city

3 Likes

53 cases 0 deaths

Not unexpected to a certain extent given the last few days as these cases would have been seeded up to 10-14 days ago. 10 days time is the time we’ll see whether the warnings will have had an effect.

This is good given the numbers today

1 Like

That’s a good sign at least. Sundays generally lower but they might just have a better handle on getting numbers out considering the rise and more of an urgency

It’s not good.

You’re anxious Dub? Or fishing, hoping that someone might bite?:rofl:

Well it’s not good. The last week hasn’t been good. Guy finds mitigating excuses every day. But it’s not good that’s all I’m saying.

2 Likes

You do the get the bit about the more cases there are the more likely we’ll have a multiple of that soon enough which could cause us all an awful amount of hardship putting the club games in jeopardy, pubs etc before we even consider the increased deaths. Yeah, 53 cases and 0 deaths is no problem with our population and we need to learn to live with it. It’s a great number in comparison to other countries but if this weeks trend continues it could be 300+ and rising in a couple of weeks time. What daily number of new cases do you have in your head as problematic?

News just said next 7 days key. Been hearing that for weeks.

Anyway, Stanford guy says we’re done as a lot of vulnerable have had it, and many died of course, so this leaves some immunity . Says we’ll ‘be finding coronavirus on people forever’.

Just what he’s saying, don’t come at me. He’s a mathematician. Hope he’s right for all our sakes and his as he’s off on his hollywobs to Portugal and Germany.

3 Likes

Also says mathematically dubs looking at 10-12 in a row.

3 Likes

An increase in cases is not good no matter what way you look at it. Any rise whether that be 5 cases or 50 cases more is not a positive and you can’t dress it up to be. It’s not good but not necessarily time to shit ourselves either.

Yeah, not a time for any pants filling, just to be responsible.

Hope he is right as well, but his earlier predictions seemed to imply that the virus dropped off as a result of not being as infectious rather than because of the measures countries took, might just be clumsy reporting of what he actually said.

For example you only have to look at the states to see what opening up too soon brings. 1,500 dead a day again there, crazy.

Yes. I’m just pointing out the obvious that recent trends are not good no matter what way you dress them up. But I am not shitting myself - but rather living each day as I have don’t throughout all this annoyance. Which means 5 bottles of Birra Moretti 660ml tonight. So it’s not all bad.

1 Like

Trend is most definitely upwards and we do t have the schools back or pubs open.