The COVID-19 Updates

caveat is it it;s under trump’s purview …

I wonder has anyone tried Andrews liver salts? When the bottom falls out of your world take Andrews liver salts and let the world fall out of your bottom.

4 Likes

Indeed. Fauci has been very vocal against him on occasion though so just hope this isn’t just some arselicking exercise

1 Like

I hear ya.

Spare a thought for the Dubs abroad getting a daily double whammy - a daily count for where we live & then keeping an ear out the Irish update. Weird, weird times which we’ll hopefully be looking back on before too long & saying, “do ya remember when…”.

3 Likes

Strange times alright.

They’re still fudging ffs

2 Likes

I can only imagine. Must be tough having a vested interest in two places. I’m knackered from just the one. As you say the day this all becomes a memory can’t come quickly enough.

You can sing that … The minority are making it very hard for the majority’s will power to stick with the proven advise, but if anything the last few weeks sacrifice have worked to some degree , so doubling the effort will hopefully continue reduce the curve and the anxiety that comes with it … The only negative is the loss of so many citizens and the heartbreak of thier families , people are telling the story of loss but minority are oblivious … The minority are extending this heartbreak unnecessarily for additional weeks , I think the rules/laws need to be enacted properly , I think this cohort have been let away long enough !!!

1 Like

Yep, and grandparents in Ireland with family in England, US, Aus…

1 Like

So the Oxford vectored vaccine people are making promising noises (science types are usually very conservative when it comes to over promising), these are the people who have adapted other corona virus vaccines which they developed for mers and I think the original SARS they are adapting these vaccines to try and get it to work on covid - which means they’re not starting from scratch … everything crossed!

3 Likes

Didn’t know it was led by an Irishman

5 Likes
1 Like

Ok folks …when do you think realistically that the travel ban over 2 km will ease .Have not seen the mother now in 7 weeks due to the first school closure called and her currently cocooned in south west Kerry for her finglas sins.

Any easing of the travel will be minimal at first. Reckon it’ll stretch out to 5km at first.

1 Like

Thought I read somewhere today that we could be looking at September before we could holiday in Ireland.Feck all use if the kids…which is more important …are back in school.looks like I am hoping for 2 fine weeks in july out the back garden.Could be a lot worse .

1 Like

Just had a flick through some of Gemmas tweets and the replies. Lift definitely dosen’t reach the top floor there. It’s almost comical until you realise there are people who believe these fabrications of hers. It did make me feel an awful lot more intelligent though :rofl:

1 Like

Anyone see the social media of a band playing in an estate on the green, tables of drink and oul wans out dancing in their whispers from penny’s, the lot, wtf are people at ? Looks like Dublin too

I don’t see any benefit in stretching it to 5km. It relates to exercise. You can go beyond 2km for shopping. In my parents case it’s travel 12km to the shops.

2 Likes

The line between staying within restrictions and keeping spirits up is becoming blurred. Too many forgetting what the purpose of social distancing is. It’s becoming a bit of a celebration for some which is dangerous.

smells of boris propaganda bullshit … world away from human testing and then the potential of testing on vast numbers … still feel our best hope this year is for an effective treatment