The Good TV Thread

It wasn’t a crash.

Of course I meant Air India bomb. Cruel stuff by whoever.

1 Like

A lot of cruel stuff went on before that, too.

Watching the bucket and spade dude on Netflix.
Not having read the publications may give me an advantage. Mad stuff Ted but so far so kin d of good.

Watched the new predator movie called prey , excellent, although the copy of it I was watching was in the Comanche language without any English subtitles,still class though.

My sister has a Disney account which allows a couple to extra sign ins and I have to say it’s excellent. Way better than Netflix

3 Likes

All the National Geographic stuff has been an excellent addition to it

2 Likes

Slow Horses on Apple TV very good . Gary Oldman, Saskia Reeves, K Scott-Thomas . Very entertaining.

3 Likes

It was bang on. Season 2 in the oven. :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Just finished blackbird on apple tv. Good watch

2 Likes

Couldn’t get into it. Had Apple free for three months. There was absolutely nothing on it to make me consider keeping it. Easily the poorest streamer out there in terms of quality and quantity

It starts slowly ( no pun or joke intended) and picks up . Very enjoyable imo.

Next you’re going to tell me it has horses in it…

1 Like

There s a deer in one episode.

1 Like

:joy::joy:

Enjoyed Prey, easily the best Predator movie since the first (but saying that doesn’t do it justice). Classic example of a film that knows what it is and concentrates on doing the basics well.

Disney+ has gotten a lot better recently since they have added in a lot more of the Fox and Hulu content (the actual Disney content is only so so). Dopesick is well worth watching if anyone hasn’t seen it yet.

Netflix probably still has the best overall catalogue, but the standard of its output has dropped recently. Sadly they backed the wrong executive recently, keeping the one who has been commissioning all the reality tv and unscripted programmes, while letting the one who was responsible for most if their major successes go.

2 Likes

Prey was excellent. loved the nod to Predator 2.

1 Like

Good film on film4 at 1.05 , the winter guest . Alan Rickman directed. Emma Thompson and her actual Ma are in it. Good original soundtrack too. It’s not exactly die hard , more of a stage type film. Lots of chat no action( like club m).

1 Like

Disney + a big meh from me. Beatles and Simpsons the only stuff I can remember watching. The nipper wasn’t even that interested in the kids stuff, which surprised me.

Coz they’ve seen so much of the same stuff already? Used to be a treat