The Visual Arts ... paintings, sculpture, installations etc ... Not a "best of, top 10, or Ireland's favourite painting" vibe

A piece I like a lot which is on permanent display in our very own Dublin City Gallery - The Hugh Lane.
Kerry artist James Scanlon’s Study for No.2 Miró.
Stained glass.
index

Wasn’t there a stained glass lad in Dublin who emigrated from Italy?

When it comes to Stained Glass, hard to beat Harry Clarke. One of our own.

1 Like

I dont know of the Italian chap you are referring to Dub09.
Several Harry Clarke pieces are on display in the same space as the Scanlon piece above in The Hugh Lane Bottler.
I personally find Clarke’s work too “fussy” for my liking … but that’s the beauty of the visual arts … its all very much subjective !

The Eve of St Agnes - H Clarke at The Hugh Lane.

Hard to better There is no night from Jackie Yeats

Image please ustix.

I struggle with that bit.
Mind’s eye does it for me

Ehm … I’ve heard that less is sometimes more … but absolutely nothing will come of nothing says K. Lear :astonished:

I hear you, loud and klear

1 Like

Because you’re from such a wonderful part of the world… Jackie Y’s '“There is no night”- at The Hugh Lane.

1 Like

Are there many Ressers involved the Arts themselves?

I studied in NCAD. Worked as a Graphic Designer for years. Hoping to return to practical art again this year: Painter & Printmaker

3 Likes

1 Like

The couple in the namhóg could be 2/3’s of the Kerry SF full back line … absolutely oblivious to what’s going on around them :smirk:

Seán Hillen.
He took Kerry to pieces as well as the capital and put them together again

1 Like

1 Like

Go for it BOTTLER and all the best with it.

3 Likes

Thanks USTIX :+1:

1 Like

Best of luck Bottler … I myself am an art fan not a practitioner.

Piss artist only. But I love the visual arts, always looking at strange paintings on line etc.

1 Like