Underage Hurling

Thought I’d open up a thread for underage hurling. Don’t see one.
Mods, move or delete if necessary.

I see the U16 championship groups are up on dublin gaa. The A championship should be a good competitive championship.
Anyone any idea when the U15 groups are being drawn?
When is féile going ahead?

1 Like

O Tooles must have one half decent underage crop coming through despite the doom and gloom around them

2 Likes

Watch out for Con Rock, Scored 9-10 last night… If that player doesn’t play for Dublin minors this year, there is something wrong …

2 Likes

perhaps the mods should just remind posters that perhaps praise and results only should be posted here. The players are all un16.

3 Likes

Some scoring. Is he any relation to Lenny?

Yep, son…

Very good, Lenny was probably the furthest thing from a stylish scoring forward you could get :rofl:

Hopefully O’Tooles start bringing players through. Proper hurling club, Dublin hurling needs them to be strong.

I think most get that at this stage but no harm in a reminder for newbies

1 Like

Was just having a look at the underage gradings and great to see the spread of hurling throughout the county particularly in areas it was never really played.

U8-12
On the Southside great to see na Gaeil oga, Wanders, Shankill, stars of Erin all entering underage teams. Geraldine p Moran have big numbers as do Ranelagh and Clann nGael. It’s good to see more hurling on the banks of the Grand Canal, to add to the great work that goes on in Kevin’s HC. Anne’s and Kevin’s Kilian’s seem to be giving hurling a good go in Tallaght with both having good numbers.

On the Northside there seems to be massive numbers hurling with Sylvester’s, Clontarf, Erin Isle. Mighty to see the coastal areas of Rush, Ballbriggan, Skerries, Donabate, Pormarnock and Donabate all entering teams.

U13-16
Huge numbers of teams at the usual suspects Boden, Crokes, na Fianna. Faughs as well seem to be heading in the right direction as do Fingallians and Skerries with big numbers participating in clubs that wouldn’t have been known for their underage hurling pedigree not too long ago. Good also to see Craobh, Kevins, o tooles having 4 teams between u13 and u16. Setanta or Crumlin don’t seem to have much teams and it looks like Crumlin have amalgamated with St Anne’s to make 2 teams, hopefully these clubs bounce back because hurling needs them

Overall seems to be huge growth in the game and good to see traditional football clubs now entering hurling teams. It is noticeable that it is getting really strong in the more middle class areas which have massive numbers going to their academies.

4 Likes

For 2020 the real success is just getting them back playing, particularly the 15-17 year old bracket which sees some of them drop out. Hopefully the small ones just get to play lots and lots and that the weather is kind for a few weeks.

Across CCC1 and CCC2 I’d pick out Fingallians and Faughs as two clubs really getting stronger over the past few years. The traditionally strong clubs are doing good but its clubs outside these that hopefully will bring through these lads and make the club scene stronger again.

2 Likes

Thankfully Feile is not all being played the one weekend but stretched out over a few weekends. Covid is one of the main reasons but i would love to see this kept on and not the made system of four games one day and a final the next, too much pressure on 13 year olds.

2 Likes

Is that not the whole buzz of a feile? In non Covid times it’s the best option in my opinion. I know I loved it as a kid, final the next day.