Weather thread

Park here today.

1 Like

Uk did have extreme heat tho, we didnt really, mind you nothing like that going on here, just a smattering

Exactly. Problem solved so

Cold, wet and windy again this morning, still really feels like September/October. I know there was a joke above but the intercounty being finished adds to it, discombobulated, only Aug 2nd, still summer really.

1 Like

State of the grass in those photos @beeko

1 Like

It’s been a shite summer. Great, grey, grey. Even if it’s warm.

Parched all around.
30C today, mostly cloudy. Later in the week will be nicer, sunny and temps in the low-mid 20’s.

1 Like

South of UK has a Mediterranean summer these days

Alas not here on the rock. I’m off to Amsterdam where we can expect low 80s tomorrow and high 70s on Wednesday accompanied by our long lost friend- the sun.

1 Like

You’ll be fairly baked over there daddyo…

2 Likes

Sure you’ll just be acting the tulip indoors anyway won’t ya?

Brownie points for the excellent puns.

1 Like

Hash brownie?

Blazing I’m sure

Blazing is right but a bit of a haze no doubt. Beautiful city with some of the nicest Coffeeshops I have ever been to. We met people from all over the world in our short sojourn. The only negative was the bikes. Dangerous fcukers. You’d want two sets of eyes. Trying to be alert and out of your box is not a good mix.
Our Green leader should get off his bike and concentrate on turning Dublin City Centre into Ireland’s Green Light District. (it’s a bit of a shithole as it stands) Billions in tourism dosh for making people smile.
We are halfway there anyway. Whenever I go into town lately weed is being liberally smoked. The pleasing waft of Mary J abounds. Watch how the ‘crime’ will be dealt with in the Courts.

2 Likes

One time the prohibition brigade would be out if there was any official softening from the authorities, but the ‘wealth makers’ (big pharma companies and other ‘entrepreneurs’) are stuck into it in the States now. So probably not long before we have murmurings from government about foreign investment and job creation, grants for agriclutural growers etc. It is at least better than the alternative of the local gangsters lining their pockets and engaging in occasional murder.

I agree fully and perhaps Amsterdam is not the best example as they just turn a blind eye to the fact that all these Coffeeshops buy their weed from drug dealers! State run is fine. The income is astounding and the state benefits in taxes. The figures for U.S States that have legalized and regulated Mary J sales are astounding. I am biased in my opinion however as I am partial…

1 Like

Prohibition never works. I’d agree with legalised and regulated cannabis. The “war” on drugs will never be won. Imagine if alcohol was just invented today…would it be legal?

1 Like

Record drought in a fairly large swathe of Europe this year

We have buggered the planet