World Cup 2022 - just the football

Wouldn’t exactly fill you with fear

BRAZIL WORLD CUP SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Ederson, Weverton.

Defenders: Dani Alves, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Alex Telles, Bremer, Eder Militao, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva.

Midfielders: Bruno Guimaraes, Casemiro, Everton Ribeiro, Fabinho, Fred, Lucas Paqueta.

Forwards: Antony, Gabriel Jesus, Gabriel Martinelli, Neymar, Pedro, Raphinha, Richarlison, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr.

Very open tournament no completely outstanding teams IMO

I won’t be watching any of it.
OOPS!!! Wrong thread - sorry!

Brazil should play Ederson outfield. Dani Alves in there, thought he had retired.

If ever there was going to be a shock winner, this’ll be it.

England so!

Reece James out of the England squad

Two Chelsea full backs out of the England reckoning.

Richarlison in and Bobby not
Bobby 6 goals, 3 assists in PL so far this season
Richarlison 0 goals, 3 assists

Hmm, makes sense to someone I suppose

Sadie Mane out now with injury.

Who does she play for?

1 Like

Don’t think Mane is officially out , just saw on Sky he’s with medical teams being assessed, they have said he doesn’t play this weekend

Tough on R James , four year wait , no guarantees on form , a lot can happen

Richarlison is brazils second top scorer to neymar the last 18months. He’s scored something like 17 goals in 24 games or something along that for Brazil. Without a doubt he’s Guna be there over him

Hahahaha just seen my error🤣 heard she might be ok🙈

Oh I thought it was confirmed. L’Quipe reported he was out of it, My bad.

I don’t think Bobby should be there either to be fair with the options they have, but on form her would still be ahead of Richarlison, IMO, who I can’t stand

I’ve also read this morning that Mane is out of the world cup, probably sensationalism, but have read it in more than one place

1 Like

It’s probably more that you hate richarlison, and I assume Liverpool supporter? So of course you’re going to be biased. But with his stats for Brazil there was no way he was ever going to not be picked, the only way he would have is if he didn’t recover from injury on time. Personally I’d choose richarlison especially still being in his prime and needs time with Tottenham. It is cut throat tho if you’re a footballer so you can’t help but feel bad for any PL baller not picked who would be in the running.

I think your stats might be a bit out on the 17 goals in 24 games. He as you have said has 17 goals in 38 app. He has scored in 14, 7 of those were in friendlies and 7 in competitive. I’d have Firminio over him any day. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Maybe, I literally only read from this and never really looked much more into it.
Absolutely, but I have to say richarlison is a much better player for country than club.

I find that true of a lot of Brazilian players.

Played for Pumas in Mexico and when the season ended he came back to Barcelona and has been training with the B team to keep in shape

Dress rehearsal?