Just for a bit of fun what would be your Dublin team of all time.
In general it would be players you have seen but in my 15 I’ve named 3 players who having read or been told about by those who seen them first hand just had to be picked.
- Gary maguire ( Ballyboden). Assured and calm and good shot stopper
- John Finnegan ( commercials) solid corner back in the mid 99s could hurl to
- Brian Kelleher (Ballyboden) great full back good on the ball physical just the complete full back
- Des Ferguson ( Vincent’s) never seen him obviously but read great things about his exploits marking the likes of Ring and Rackard, that’ll do for me.
- Liam Walsh ( Thomas Davis) lovely hurler had it all
- Ronan Fallon ( Vincent’s) what a paw this man had and great vision few men got the better of him, fierce unlucky he played on a poor team
- John Twomey ( Erin’s Isle) could have been picked at 4 6 7 8 11 or 14 and that says it all about him, just a class hurler. As clean a striker of the ball as Fenton
- Sean Kearns ( otooles) athletic and skilful, great man to run at defences
- Liam rushe ( st pats) one of the few current lads to make it. Huge presence
- joey Morris (otooles) skill personified
- Conal Keaney ( Ballyboden) savage talent who could have been the best in the land only for the career change. Class act
- MJ Ryan ( Faughs) pure class. Touch was tip top and always chipped in with big scores
- Joey Towell ( Eoghan ruadh) another I never got to see but reading and hearing of his scoring exploits made it say to pick him. Sounds like a serious talent
- Brian McMahon ( crumlin) just a poacher. Oh to have him today. Goals a plenty and no little skill
- Mick Bermingham ( Klmacud Crokes) on the very first all star team in 71 so no need to explain his inclusion.
Honourable mentions to Bren McLoughlin, Sean Power Stephen hiney, Dave Sweeney Liam Ryan and Kevin Flynn